Tuesday, January 29, 2013

'Til Kingdom Come - Coldplay

Luke 22

15 And he said to them, “I have eagerly desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer. 16 For I tell you, I will not eat it again until it finds fulfillment in the kingdom of God.”
17 After taking the cup, he gave thanks and said, “Take this and divide it among you. 18 For I tell you I will not drink again of the fruit of the vine until the kingdom of God comes.”

For you I'd wait 'til kingdom come

Until my day, my day is done
And say you'll come and set me free
Just say you'll wait, you'll wait for me

In your tears and in your blood
In your fire and in your flood
I hear you laugh, I heard you sing
I wouldn't change a single thing


Hummmm...powerful spiritual imagery in these words. Till kingdom come; in your fire; in your flood...Ps.66:12...We traveled through fire and through floods, but you brought us to a land of plenty.

Jesus made a promise to all believers, "...till kingdom come."
The verses are taken from the passover meal that our Lord shared with His disciples.

During this meal, He initiated a special ceremony that we call communion.
He took the bread and the wine and said these elements represent my body and my blood that is sacrificed for the sin of the world.

After communion He instructed the disciples to do this in remembrance of Him; however, He would not partake of it again until He could share it with all of us in heaven, "...Till Kingdom Come."

That is very special
You can know the intimacy of His fellowship by calling out to Him now.

Check out this video on YouTube:


http://youtu.be/yo49REpQCwA

No comments:

Post a Comment

For text box, click on the word "comment" . Post under your name, anon., etc. Click "Publish". Your comment will appear on side bar the following day.