Thursday, January 10, 2013

Amsterdam - Coldplay


Psalm 40

New International Version 1984 (NIV1984)
I waited patiently for the Lord;
    he turned to me and heard my cry.
He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
    out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock
    and gave me a firm place to stand.
He put a new song in my mouth,
    a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear
    and put their trust in the Lord.


Stuck on the end of this ball and chain

And I'm on my way back down again
Stood on a bridge, tied to the noose
Sick to the stomach
You can say what you mean
But it won't change a thing
I'm sick of the secrets
Stood on the edge, tied to the noose



You came along and you cut me loose
You came along and you cut me loose
You came along and you cut me loose


Amsterdam is a great song that includes a conversation between a protagonist, an antagonist, and a deliverer.
The pro- says I'm sick; I'm going down; ball and chain etc.
The ant- says you're okay; time is on your side; no cause for concern.

The pro- finally points out the obvious; You can say what you mean; but I'm standing on the edge; tied to a noose; ball and chain around my ankles.

Now the deliverer arrives- You came along and you cut me loose.

What a perfect illustration of how our Savior came and rescued us from the snares and lies of the adversary.
Christ is Savior and Lord. He came to redeem us who were in bondage to death, Satan, sin, and ourselves.
No more defeat; no more condemnation; no more night...He came along.....and He cut you loose.

Check out this video on YouTube:

http://youtu.be/s-6MWccaokg

1 comment:

  1. I pay a quick visit daily some web pages and sites to read
    articles, however this blog presents feature based content.

    ReplyDelete

For text box, click on the word "comment" . Post under your name, anon., etc. Click "Publish". Your comment will appear on side bar the following day.