Monday, January 28, 2013

Coldplay - Yellow Live in Sydney 2003


John 3:16

New American Standard Bible (NASB)
16 “For God so loved the world, that He gave His [a]only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.


Your skin

Oh yeah your skin and bones

Turn into something beautiful
You know you know I love you so
You know I love you so

I swam across
I jumped across for you
Oh what a thing to do

Cause you were all yellow



If a guy says I love my dog....and I love my wife...he better be referring to two different kinds of love.

The Bible explains at least three different kinds of love.
Phileo - Which is brotherly love. Philadelphia is the city of brotherly love
Airos - Refers to sexual passion. It is where we derive the word erotic.
Agape - Means un-conditional, sacrificial love.

The depth of Gods love for you and me was expressed on the cross when Christ willingly gave His life to atone for our sins.


Romans 5:8

New American Standard Bible (NASB)
But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.


When you love another with the agape of God; it is a covenant for better or worse; richer or poor'er; in sickness or in health.

Unconditional agape love delights in being reciprocated....but it is not required.

Even though we were at our worst....Christ loved us and died for us.
Because of His example and His Holy Spirit living in me....I can love others just like my Savior


1 John 3:16

New Living Translation (NLT)
16 We know what real love is because Jesus gave up his life for us. So we also ought to give up our lives for our brothers and sisters.


Check out this video on YouTube:

http://youtu.be/iYuyar-rrNY

No comments:

Post a Comment

For text box, click on the word "comment" . Post under your name, anon., etc. Click "Publish". Your comment will appear on side bar the following day.