Monday, January 14, 2013

OneRepublic - Secrets

1 John 1:8-9
If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

Tell me what you want to hear
Something that are like those years
Sick of all the insincere
I'm gonna give all my secrets away
This time, don't need another perfect lie
Don't care if critics never jump in line
I'm gonna give all my secrets away

Confession is good for the soul.
Is it important for me to confess my sin to God, even though He already knows everything?

ABSOLUTELY

Relationships grow and thrive on mutual respect, confession, apologies, love, and harmony.

As a father, my relationship to my children never changes. But....when they failed...I needed to hear, "I'm sorry pop". And...when I fail them...I'm quick to admit it too.

Our relationship grows and fellowship is enjoyed when their is a continual flow of respect and reconciliation.

What about a God who knows everything? Well...as a father I knew it all too (most of it), the offense that is; usually before they were even aware. Our relationship of trust and honor still depends upon the acknowledgement of wrong and the willingness to make things right. That's how we grow as a family.

That's how we grow in our walk with HIM.
Go ahead and give all your secrets away...He knows about it already.

Check out this video on YouTube:

http://youtu.be/qHm9MG9xw1o

No comments:

Post a Comment

For text box, click on the word "comment" . Post under your name, anon., etc. Click "Publish". Your comment will appear on side bar the following day.