Saturday, December 29, 2012

Viva La Vida - Coldplay

1 Samuel 10:9-10
As Saul turned to leave Samuel, God changed Saul’s heart, and all these signs were fulfilled that day. 10 When he and his servant arrived at Gibeah, a procession of prophets met him; the Spirit of God came powerfully upon him, and he joined in their prophesying.

I used to rule the world
Seas would rise when I gave the word
Now in the morning I sleep alone
Sweep the streets I used to own

People change.
Life is a continual evolution of new things, new methods, ideas...people.
Learning how to adapt and adjust with change is crucial to growth in all areas...spiritual and secular.

The most important change is the kind that God brings about in our heart.
Until we experience what He can do in our life, we are incomplete.

This verse in Samuel revels that God can instantly change our heart.
As the world changes all around us and the people in it, we have to adapt too.
If you are like me, you don't like change. My kids tell me that I'm old school...well that's not a compliment.

I have to ask God constantly to change my heart.
The way I look at others or the way I treat them
New rules...different laws....adjusting to different methods...even failure changes people.

I am in constant need of Gods help.
Help with my heart...changing it to be more like His
His work in my heart makes me more loving, more understanding, more effective in reaching others in this shifting, changing, ever moving world in which we live.

Check out this video on YouTube:

http://youtu.be/dvgZkm1xWPE

No comments:

Post a Comment

For text box, click on the word "comment" . Post under your name, anon., etc. Click "Publish". Your comment will appear on side bar the following day.