Wednesday, December 26, 2012

I Bloom Blaum - Coldplay

 

Proverbs 13:12     (NIV)

Hope deferred makes the heart sick,
    but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life.

Where do you go to, pretty baby?
Where do you go to, when the night wins away.
Ask me so sweetly, what do I do?
Who do I sing for?
Well honey I sing about you.

This one of my favorite all time verses.
How often have you been told something; a promise or an event; and after all the hype and anticipation, it didn't happen.

I remember as a child my family made plans and preparations to go to Disney World. I would lay awake at night dreaming of the BIG day where we would set off for Orlando Florida.
Well...it didn't happen. Up until the last week, our family vacation fell through. I was heartbroken.

In all avenues of life, when something in which you have longed for or desired...are postponed or cancelled, even if you put on a happy face, deep down you are sick.

When longings are fulfilled, we have joy and satisfaction.
The salvation of our soul that was brought into the world by the Messiah, Jesus Christ, was a longing, hope, and anticipation of all the Hebrew nation.

Many waited and waited for the appearing of the one in whom the prophets wrote about, the one that would come and save the world from sin.

When He came....many were so downcast, disheartned, and discouraged, they no longer had any hope. They missed the Messiah because their well was dry...no more hope left.

Christ has come to fulfill all your longing; all your hope; and all your dreams.

Check out this video on YouTube:

http://youtu.be/0XWlxzU9_Iw

No comments:

Post a Comment

For text box, click on the word "comment" . Post under your name, anon., etc. Click "Publish". Your comment will appear on side bar the following day.