Saturday, December 15, 2012

Keane - Somewhere Only We Know

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart
    and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge him,
    and he will make your paths straight.

 Oh simple thing where have you gone?
I'm getting old and I need something to rely on
So tell me when you're gonna let me in
I'm getting tired and I need somewhere to begin

Memorizing this scripture passage has been a tremendous help for me especially in times of uncertainty. Our dependence in others can sometimes lead to a big let down. I mean, how many times do we need the wake up call that all our hope rests solely in the Lord?

God in His infinite wisdom knows what is best for you. Your trust is not in your professor, employer, best friend, or even your parents. All can be loyal, trustworthy friends but...to ere is human.
Even good intentions can at times be wrong.

The Lord never fails.
His promises never fail.
Gods love never fails or wanes.
In everything, upon every endeavor, in all projects, at every juncture, We should seek His counsel.

Come to Him.
Matthew 6:33
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.


Check out this video on YouTube:

http://youtu.be/Oextk-If8HQ

No comments:

Post a Comment

For text box, click on the word "comment" . Post under your name, anon., etc. Click "Publish". Your comment will appear on side bar the following day.