Sunday, December 30, 2012

Alex Clare - Too Close (OFFICIAL VIDEO)


1 Peter 2:10-12

New International Version 1984 (NIV1984)
10 Once you were not a people, but now you are the people of God; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.
11 Dear friends, I urge you, as aliens and strangers in the world, to abstain from sinful desires, which war against your soul. 12 Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us.


And it feels like I am just too close to love you,
There's nothing I can really say.
I can't lie no more, I can't hide no more,
Got to be true to myself.
And it feels like I am just too close to love you,
So I'll be on my way.


Wars are started when we meddle with something or someone to the point that we want what they have and become consumed with it.

Fleshly wars are no different. It begins with a fixation on something; once embedded in our thoughts and actions....the war begins. These battles can rage in our life like wildfire.

The passions that are given by God are no different from any other good thing from Him; enjoyed in the context in which they were given. Passion.....not lust...or perversion.

Be cautious with your passion...respect it....guard it.
Used poorly and without restraint can ignite a blaze and start a war you cannot win.

Serve the Lord...surrender all your weapons to Him.

Check out this video on YouTube:

http://youtu.be/zYXjLbMZFmo


iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

For text box, click on the word "comment" . Post under your name, anon., etc. Click "Publish". Your comment will appear on side bar the following day.