Sunday, October 21, 2012

Lost - Coldplay

 Jeremiah 50:6
(NIV1984)
“My people have been lost sheep;
    their shepherds have led them astray
    and caused them to roam on the mountains.
They wandered over mountain and hill
    and forgot their own resting place.

Have you ever been lost; in a city or in the woods?
There are certain kinds of lost. We sometimes use the word lost if we are confused. You might also use the word if you've lost your sense of direction.

The picture that Jesus used is that of a lost coin. Something that belongs to you; is of great value and is no longer in your possession and nowhere to be found.

A situation that worsens this scenario would be if no one cares  and no one is looking for what is LOST.  

When I was about 11 years old, my mother and I went to Lansing Michigan to visit relatives. One afternoon I wandered too far from the neighborhood and got turned around. My attempt to find my way back only led me further from home. I spent hours lost in the city. Eventually I went inside a grocery store and told the manager I was lost. Fear had gripped my heart to the point I could barely whisper my name. A patrol officer was called in and to my surprise, my disappearance had already been reported. I was looking for "home" and "home" was looking for me!!!

Luke 19:10  from the Message translation says, "For the Son of Man came to find and restore the lost.”
To be spiritually lost is to be without hope, without God in the world.
But I have good news...Someone is looking for you!!!

The Lord is seeking the Lost.
He is looking for you. Are you looking for Him?
My prayer is that the seeking sinner and the seeking Savior will soon meet!!!

 You might be a big fish
In a little pond
Doesn't mean you've won
'Cause along may come
A bigger one
And you'll be lost

Check out this video on YouTube:

http://youtu.be/TjYjKNGt18k



No comments:

Post a Comment

For text box, click on the word "comment" . Post under your name, anon., etc. Click "Publish". Your comment will appear on side bar the following day.