Sunday, October 28, 2012

I Surrender - Hillsong Live

Isaiah 48:10-12 (NIV)

See, I have refined you, though not as silver;
    I have tested you in the furnace of affliction.
11 For my own sake, for my own sake, I do this.
    How can I let myself be defamed?
    I will not yield my glory to another.
12 “Listen to me, O Jacob,
    Israel, whom I have called:
I am he;
    I am the first and I am the last.

What would be a good synonym for the word surrender? The word is rarely used in the bible. Oftentimes modern words replace older or ancient ones. The language of the bible had a word for surrender; in the sense of giving up to the submission of another.

That word is: Yield.

The only place you have probably seen this word is on the expressway. The term yield, in traffic law, means to surrender authority; to move over; to submit.

Jesus is Lord. This applies even if we do not acknowledge Him. e.g. to not acknowledge the office of the president of the United States.  He or she is still the president, whether you admit it or not.

The proper respect to Christ Jesus as Lord of our life is to yield/surrender to His authority. Once we yield to what is already true, we show maturity, respect, reverence, and submission. This step in our walk with Him will broaden our mind to see the scope of His Lordship. To know that He is Lord of all and that He is my friend, savior, and redeemer is quite frankly...something to brag about.

Check out this video on YouTube:

http://youtu.be/HcnfT4arZtI


iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

For text box, click on the word "comment" . Post under your name, anon., etc. Click "Publish". Your comment will appear on side bar the following day.