Saturday, October 6, 2012

Coldplay- Spies - Fear

Psalm 23

The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
    He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,    he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths
    for his name’s sake.Even though I walk through the darkest valley,[a] I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.

This is a great song about fear and how it can deceive us. Here's part of the lyrics.

I awake to find no peace of mind
I said, how do you live as a fugitive...

And the spies came out of the water
But you're feeling so bad cos you know
But the spies hide out in every corner
But you can’t touch them no
Cos they’re all spies

And the spies came out of the water
And you’re feeling so good cos you know
That those spies hide out in every corner
They can’t touch you no
Cos they’re just spies

 
Notice the line change from the first chorus to the last?

Check out the complete lyrics:    http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/coldplay/spies.html

Fear is the darkroom where Satan develops his negatives. To be seized with fear and all its side streets can affect everything. Health, confidence, hope, perseverance, optimism, future, promises, are all rendered ineffective when fear has seized our reigns.

Fear is a perception...and perception becomes reality for all people.
Notice the phrase, "you can't touch them no...because they're spies".

Then the truth is revealed that...oh...they're only spies, 

"...but they can't touch YOU no....because they're just spies."

King David knew he had enemies but the Lord of hosts was his Shepherd. Therefore, all they could do is surround him and ...WATCH AS HE SAT AT THE BANQUET TABLE OF THE LORD, ANOINTED WITH OIL, CUP OVERFLOWING...PROTECTED BY GOD.

Talk to God about your fears. Ask Him to help you overcome the paralyzing effects of it.
Jesus says...be of good cheer, I have overcome the world. Fear is NOT of God.

You can conquer your spies by learning more about your protector and shield
Truth is...the enemy can only snarl..cos they're just spies.


Check it out

http://youtu.be/ivkcAH8_6KE


iPhone

1 comment:

  1. OMG. This song helped me deal w/a lot of junk

    ReplyDelete

For text box, click on the word "comment" . Post under your name, anon., etc. Click "Publish". Your comment will appear on side bar the following day.