Monday, October 22, 2012

Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol

 1 Corinthians 13  (NIV)
13 If I speak in the tongues[a] of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames,[b] but have not love, I gain nothing.
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails.

Theres one word that seperates God from every other religion; LOVE.
God is the author of love; in fact, the bible says that He is love. 

Regardless of what you think about God...you benefit from His most notable attribute. 
Love is a gift. We share it in relationships, we appreciate it among friends, and we can even discover it among strangers. 

God shares good gifts to all people. Even the Lords salvation through Jesus Christ was shared with all people, however not all recieve His gift.

Knowing Him is...to know love. 
To be loved by Him is...divine. 
To share this love that I have in my heart is...a God-like act. 

The scripture today says that love should be the premise for all that we do. If we discover that we have any other motive, then our efforts are in vain.

God offers all people...hope and a future. Why???  Because that's how He loves. Gods deepest desire for all creation is to enjoy fellowship with Him and to have everlasting life. He proved His love by giving His son to seal the deal. Now that's love.

Do we love with this kind of devotion. Love is never wrong. It may be said too much...when its fake. But the words alone are not enough. The best love is...DEMONSTRATED.

Those three words
Are said too much
They're not enough...

I need your grace
To remind me
To find my own

   Check out this video on YouTube:

http://youtu.be/Z9QClT36ge8


No comments:

Post a Comment

For text box, click on the word "comment" . Post under your name, anon., etc. Click "Publish". Your comment will appear on side bar the following day.