Monday, November 5, 2012

Where Is My Boy - Coldplay/Faultine

Luke 15:11-13 & 20
Jesus continued: “There was a man who had two sons. 12 The younger one said to his father, ‘Father, give me my share of the estate.’ So he divided his property between them.
13 “Not long after that, the younger son got together all he had, set off for a distant country and there squandered his wealth in wild living.
20 So he got up (went back, [emphasis mine]) and went to his father.“But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was filled with compassion for him; he ran to his son, threw his arms around him and kissed him.


From the very time I heard this unusual sounding yet intoxicating lyrics I thought of the Prodigal son of Luke 15. There is no more beautiful passage of scripture that reveals Gods love for us.

Their is only one place where it recorded that God ran, and that is when he ran to me, took me in His arms, held me to His chest and said "My son is come home."

In nearly every case, we turn to God when we have hit rock bottom. But aren't you glad we can? This son rationalized that...maybe...just maybe...my father will let me come home.
Truth is, God has been watching for all of us to turn the bend...
... and make our way toward home.

And He would say..."where is my boy"

Come to Him today. He has been waiting for you.
Check out this video on YouTube:

http://youtu.be/lT74TX7epik

No comments:

Post a Comment

For text box, click on the word "comment" . Post under your name, anon., etc. Click "Publish". Your comment will appear on side bar the following day.