Saturday, November 3, 2012

Viva La Vida - Coldplay

Daniel 4:29-33
 Twelve months later, as the king was walking on the roof of the royal palace of Babylon, 30 he said, “Is not this the great Babylon I have built as the royal residence, by my mighty power and for the glory of my majesty?”
31 The words were still on his lips when a voice came from heaven, “This is what is decreed for you, King Nebuchadnezzar: Your royal authority has been taken from you. 32 You will be driven away from people and will live with the wild animals; you will eat grass like cattle. Seven times will pass by for you until you acknowledge that the Most High is sovereign over the kingdoms of men and gives them to anyone he wishes.”
33 Immediately what had been said about Nebuchadnezzar was fulfilled. He was driven away from people and ate grass like cattle. His body was drenched with the dew of heaven until his hair grew like the feathers of an eagle and his nails like the claws of a bird.

Viva La Vida sounds so familiar to the OT story of Nebuchadnezzar. By the way...the album only video is hilarious.

GP says that martin is a musical genius and that being Married to him is like living with a Picasso. If He indeed wrote this song with Daniel 4 in mind I would have to agree with her 100 %.

Many kings have been deposed or dethroned through the years, However, the conclusion of VLV says,  
For some reason I cant explain, I know St. peter will call my name.
This a reference to the biblical stature of the twelve apostles in Heaven. Tradition is that Peter operates the main gate of pearl.

Revelation 21:21
21 The twelve gates were twelve pearls, each gate made of a single pearl. The great street of the city was of pure gold, like transparent glass.

  Many kings throughout the centuries have been cast out of their palace, but the only one I've ever read about that had a conversion experience was Nebuchadnezzar. 

 Daniel 4:34 & 37
34 At the end of that time, I, Nebuchadnezzar, raised my eyes toward heaven, and my sanity was restored. Then I praised the Most High; I honored and glorified him who lives forever.
His dominion is an eternal dominion;
    his kingdom endures from generation to generation.

37 Now I, Nebuchadnezzar, praise and exalt and glorify the King of heaven, because everything he does is right and all his ways are just. And those who walk in pride he is able to humble.
Check out Viva La Vida

http://youtu.be/1bJMxhvVf0o

No comments:

Post a Comment

For text box, click on the word "comment" . Post under your name, anon., etc. Click "Publish". Your comment will appear on side bar the following day.