Sunday, February 24, 2013

Trouble - Coldplay


2 Timothy 4:9-16
Be diligent to come to me quickly; 10 for Demas has forsaken me, having loved this present world, and has departed for Thessalonica—Crescens for Galatia, Titus for Dalmatia. 11 Only Luke is with me. Get Mark and bring him with you, for he is useful to me for ministry. 12 And Tychicus I have sent to Ephesus. 13 Bring the cloak that I left with Carpus at Troas when you come—and the books, especially the parchments.
14 Alexander the coppersmith did me much harm. May the Lord repay him according to his works.15 You also must beware of him, for he has greatly resisted our words.
16 At my first defense no one stood with me, but all forsook me. May it not be charged against them.


Each time this passage is read I cant help but feel sad for the Apostle Paul. He was given a tough assignment and he fulfilled it with dignity and grace. However...their were some that brought vicious attacks against him; some physical; many verbal; all painful.

Jesus said to all of His disciples and to all believers throughout the centuries..."People will hate you on account of me."

Paul was and remains the most influential Christian man in history (outside of Christ).
His work blazed a trail for the church today. Satan and all his minions would not allow Paul to be without adversity.

When you face trouble; almost as if..."they spun a web for you", call upon Gods comforting spirit to guide you.

I can't imagine what Alexander the coppersmith did to Paul but it hurt him deeply.
People will hurt you too and it doesn't even have to be on account of....anything....really.

What is important is for you to know that Gods got your back...provided you have enough sense to call upon His strength and wisdom. He may not deliver...but he will empower you to be comforted.

Check out this video on YouTube:

http://youtu.be/kHg-PhseKOQ

No comments:

Post a Comment

For text box, click on the word "comment" . Post under your name, anon., etc. Click "Publish". Your comment will appear on side bar the following day.