Thursday, May 23, 2013

John Mayer - Vultures (Live in L.A.)

Psalm 22
Many bulls surround me;
    strong bulls of Bashan encircle me.
13 Roaring lions that tear their prey
    open their mouths wide against me.
14 I am poured out like water,
    and all my bones are out of joint.
My heart has turned to wax;
    it has melted within me.
15 My mouth[d] is dried up like a potsherd,
    and my tongue sticks to the roof of my mouth;
    you lay me in the dust of death.


Portions of this Psalm was quoted by the Lord Jesus during His crucifixion.

You and I can get the sense that evil has prevailed when we find ourselves set upon by vultures. However, to our heavenly Father, no weapon formed against Him will prosper; and...you belong to Him.

Their is a momentary frightening sense of abandonment when we find ourselves in the cross hairs of someone or something sinister. David apparently had these feelings.

Our human emotions cannot resist the recoil when you face the vultures; however...King David seemed to always find the strength and daily bread to withstand the enemies assault.

"Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies; my cup overflows."

Check out this video on YouTube:

http://youtu.be/Aaf3epvPRxw

No comments:

Post a Comment

For text box, click on the word "comment" . Post under your name, anon., etc. Click "Publish". Your comment will appear on side bar the following day.