Saturday, September 29, 2012

Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall - Coldplay


Psalm 56:8

New King James Version (NKJV)
You number my wanderings;
Put my tears into Your bottle;
Are they not in Your book?

If this song doesn't reeve up your engine you're out of gas.
This was played on the loud speaker the first day of open assembly at 
Lee University. 
Allison sent me a quick text: "you're not going to belive what they are playing for incoming freshmen...!
Her year was starting off Coldplay style. :)

If you research how Coldplay came up with the lyrics for this you will see a little bit into their genius.

The first time I heard this; the scripture before you popped into my head.
King David mentions the word tears more than any other author of the bible.
The fact that God sees every teardrop we shed and that He lists them....makes me feel humbled and grateful that I have a God that loves me that much.

The bible says that God is always attentive to a contrite heart.
Jesus was said to never turn away from a smoldering reed.
That would be us when we are broken, smoldering, and feeling snuffed out.

He loves you. 
To you...it may be a tear. To Him...Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall.

BTW - Every teardrop is a waterfall is referenced again in another MYLOXYLOTO song. 
You know which one?


No comments:

Post a Comment

For text box, click on the word "comment" . Post under your name, anon., etc. Click "Publish". Your comment will appear on side bar the following day.